Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Beverage: Vodka Sea Breeze

Happy Friday!

I hope your week was a productive one and that you are ready to relax and enjoy some downtime.


A perfect weekend for me would be to kick back at the beach and just let the sea breeze blow away any stress that the week may have caused. However, that isn't going to happen this weekend, so the next best thing would be a refreshing Sea Breeze Cocktail on my front porchIt's the perfect way kick start a relaxing weekend.


The Sea Breeze cocktail originated in 1920's and is a refreshing mix of cranberry juice, grapefruit juice & vodka (or gin and grenadine). Some places will make the Sea Breeze with vodka, dry vermouth, Galliano, and blue CuraƧao.

The one I made is much easier, I only used two ingredients... Vodka and Florida's Natural Cranberry Ruby Red Grapefruit Cocktail Concentrate from the refrigerator section.




This drink can be shaken or stirred, so depending on your preference, either pour ingredients directly into the glass with ice, or pour them into a shaker and strain into a glass with ice.

Just add 1oz Vodka to a glass and fill the remainder of the glass with Florida's Natural Cranberry Ruby Red Grapefruit cocktail. I also added a wedge of orange for more fresh flavor.

And, to add a festive touch I garnished my rim with a lime & lemon slice and a sprig of basil in the center.



Sips away my friends and let’s all toast to a great weekend!

Nan


You can still get a free copy of my 2015 Spring/Summer Fashion and Styling e-Magazine.

2015 Spring/Summer Fashion & Styling e-Magazine

 

No comments:

Post a Comment