Thursday, March 5, 2015

Looking Slimmer in An Instant



Want to instantly look slimmer, have your clothes fit you better and look more confident? “Stand up straight”. Yes, all of us have been told at one time or another to “Stand Up Straight”

Poor posture can affect how you are perceived. It can make you look angry, withdrawn and older than your age.

But how do you achieve the ideal posture?

It has been suggested that you think of your entire body being pulled up by strings or balloons. However, I find that the quickest way to get aligned is to pull my navel toward my spine, and tilt hips toward the ceiling. Now hunch shoulders forward, lift shoulders towards ears and roll your shoulders back while pinching your shoulder blades together.  

You may find that you have some figure issues that are contributing to your poor posture. According to physical therapist Bill Hartman the following issues can be corrected via exercise.


Pintrest


Prior to doing these or any exercises it is best to consult your physician to determine that your posture is just poor habit and not a medical issue.

 

***Note I do not have a degree in physical therapy or medicine.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Nanette! I really love this post and I so happy I found your blog. Thanks for contacting me via FB. Now you have a new fan! Will definitively share this post with my friends:-) Have a blessed day! Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete